Norwich City keeper Ben Killip on Luton Town’s radar
- Credit: EXPA Pictures/Focus Images Ltd
Ben Killip will not be offered a new Norwich City deal.
The 21-year-old shot stopper has been training with League Two promotion hopefuls Luton Town for a number of weeks, ahead of officially leaving Carrow Road this summer when his current deal run outs.
Killip is among a number of City squad players deemed surplus to requirements, with new sporting director Stuart Webber pledging to oversee a major close season overhaul.
The former Lowestoft loanee played in Luton Town Reserves' 4-1 win over Derby County's second string earlier this week. Hatters' chief Nathan Jones is now weighing up whether to bring the youngster - who made three appearances this season in the Canaries' Football League Trophy campaign - to Kenilworth Road.
'We've had Ben for a while, so it's just giving him a game, and apart from the goal he's been excellent. He made a slight error but we won't judge him on one thing,' Jones told Bedfordshire on Sunday. 'He's been with us for about a month so he knows our environment and we're looking to him for the future, we're not looking for him as being number one.
You may also want to watch:
'He won't be continuing with Norwich, so we're grateful to them for giving him the opportunity to come here as it's so much better when you get them in your environment, you can see their character and not just what they're like technically.
'He's one that's on our list, but it depends on where we are and who our first choice is. The process is in place, and we have a list of first choice ones, but we want to add to the competition as well. Craig King has stepped up and shown he may have a future more than he did a year ago.'
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 5 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 6 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 7 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 8 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 9 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 10 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail