Canaries defender returns to Norwich City for assessment
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
James Husband has returned to Norwich City from Fleetwood Town for assessment on a hamstring injury.
The 24-year-old, whose loan deal with the Cod Army is until January, limped off in the 10th-minute of Saturday's 4-0 win over Doncaster and boss Joey Barton expects to be without the left-back for a few weeks.
'James had a hamstring a couple of weeks ago. He came back from that, felt it again and he is going to go back to Norwich because he is their player and they will have a look at him. We would expect him to be out for at least two, three weeks.
'We are not sure how it happened. There was kind of a jostling match and Hubby managed to pull his hamstring. It is not the most serious hamstring but it is not nothing.
'I thought Coyley was outstanding at left-back – a real Denis Irwin type. He's a right-footed player who looks very comfortable at left-back. That is the versatility in the squad.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 3 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 4 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 5 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 6 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 7 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 8 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town