Norwich City’s Under-10s win regional girls title
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City's girls team came through a real test of nerve to win the Under-10 title at the East Regional In2Hockey Championships at Harleston at the weekend.
The youngsters stormed through their group matches, winning all five games against teams from Cambridgeshire, Essex, Herts, Suffolk and Kent, scoring 12 goals and conceding none.
They then met a strong Canterbury side in the final, eventually winning a nerve wracking penalty strokes contest after the match had finished in a 2-2 draw.
The squad that did City proud was: Alice Baker, Phoebe Betts, Tilly Brucki, Georgia Demetriou, Charlotte Fern, Isla Hansell, Lottie Hood, Amelie Horsley and Lucy Webster.
There was more local success the following day when Harleston Magpies' Under-12s delighted the home crowd by winning their regional event. They beat Sevenoaks on penalties after a 2-2 draw in another nailbiting final to earn themselves a place at the national finals in Nottingham on May 18.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 5 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 6 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 9 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 10 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos