Norwich City Ladies beaten in national semi-finals
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City Ladies fell at the last hurdle in their bid to reach a national final.
They were beaten 4-1 at Oxford in the semi-finals of the English Hockey Women's Knock-out Cup.
Their only consolation was a goal from Olivia Williams, while Rosie Valentine was named their player of the match.
City must refocus their efforts on the battle for promotion from Division One North of the East League. They need to beat Colchester at Taverham in their final match of the season on Saturday to pip Bedford II for second place.
Already relegated Norwich Dragons played two re-arranged home matches in Premier A, drawing 2-2 with Sevenoaks (Holly Reding, Shelly Seaman) before losing 2-0 to Canterbury II.
You may also want to watch:
City's second team and their counterparts from Dragons have both missed out on promotion from Division Two North East. City lost at rivals Ipswich and East Suffolk (2-0) and at home to Ipswich II (2-1, Sophia Basset), which left them fourth and Dragons – who had already completed their fixtures – third.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault