Norwich City Ladies beaten in national semi-finals
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City Ladies fell at the last hurdle in their bid to reach a national final.
They were beaten 4-1 at Oxford in the semi-finals of the English Hockey Women's Knock-out Cup.
Their only consolation was a goal from Olivia Williams, while Rosie Valentine was named their player of the match.
City must refocus their efforts on the battle for promotion from Division One North of the East League. They need to beat Colchester at Taverham in their final match of the season on Saturday to pip Bedford II for second place.
Already relegated Norwich Dragons played two re-arranged home matches in Premier A, drawing 2-2 with Sevenoaks (Holly Reding, Shelly Seaman) before losing 2-0 to Canterbury II.
You may also want to watch:
City's second team and their counterparts from Dragons have both missed out on promotion from Division Two North East. City lost at rivals Ipswich and East Suffolk (2-0) and at home to Ipswich II (2-1, Sophia Basset), which left them fourth and Dragons – who had already completed their fixtures – third.
- 1 Large police presence in Norfolk village after person dies on boat
- 2 Latest situation at Norfolk hospitals sees covid-related admissions remain static
- 3 Village pub offers 'proper' 1p 'Penne-y Pasta' dish with alcoholic drink
- 4 Schools close early for Christmas after outbreak of 11 Covid cases
- 5 30,000 Christmas turkeys to be culled in bird flu outbreak
- 6 Parts of Norfolk see heavy snow falls with more to come
- 7 Man denies running Japanese restaurant from Norwich home for the third time
- 8 Workmen unearth six skeletons during city street overhaul
- 9 Stubborn swan squares up to traffic in Norfolk village
- 10 Delays expected as 48-ton boat is transported through Suffolk and Norfolk