Impressive double for young Norwich City hockey players
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City's under-10 girls and boys have England Hockey regional tournaments to look forward in April after winning their conuty titles.
The girls secured their place in the next tier following a penalty flick shoot-out against Harleston Magpies.
They drew their opening games against Magpies and Norwich Dragons 1-1, with Lottie Hood scoring both goals, before seeing off hosts Pelicans 4-0 with goals from Hollie Blackham, Millie Power, India Fox and Chloe Holmes.
The competition came down to a best-of-three penalty shoot-out with Magpies and City keeper Jessica Westbury saved all three flicks. Chloe found the net with her second penalty flick to decide the issue.
Meanwhile City's boys also won their Norfolk tournament. They won games against Harleston Magpies (2-0), Pelicans (7-0) and Dragons II (1-0) and lost 1-0 to Dragons first team. Harry Ford, Corey Rushton and Josie Miller all won player-of-the-match titles.
You may also want to watch:
All Saturday's scheduled league fixtures were postponed.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 6 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 7 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk