Norwich City HC youngsters reach national finals
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City Under-12 boys are through to the national finals of the England Hockey In2Hockey Clubs Competition to be held at Nottingham Hockey Centre on Saturday.
The team qualified as runners-up, having come second to Old Loughtonians at the regional finals.
City came through a tough qualifying group, beating Bury St Edmunds 3-1, Harleston Magpies 3-1 and Cambridge City 3-1 but losing a tight game to the eventual winners 2-1.
The youngsters are in Pool A and will play Beeston, Deeside Ramblers, Surbiton and Clifton Robinsons as they battle for a place in the national final, which will be played in the late afternoon.
The full squad is: William Farrow (GK), Archie Ward, Freddie Smith, Cameron Hansell (Capt), Jack Whitlam, Oliver Millett, Toby Pallister, Farren Miller, Krishna Patel, Harry Ford and Sam Hyatt.
You may also want to watch:
For more on Norwich City Hockey Club visit www.norwichcityhc.co.uk
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town