Norwich City have the will to win
Paul Lambert is confident Norwich City's first win back in the top flight is coming if they keep up their current performance levels – and get a little rub of the green in the process.
Conceding three penalties and receiving two red cards are the bare facts, yet some of those have been harsh on a Canaries outfit with two points from their opening three games.
And while Lambert is looking forward to getting back to action this weekend after the international break, he admitted he will only enjoy it if City can get the right result.
'It's only good if you win, that's the thing,' said the City boss, with West Bromwich Albion the visitors to Carrow Road on Sunday (1.30pm). 'You have to win. We've been unlucky in that we've probably not picked up more points that what we've got, but we are playing well enough. That's the pleasing thing.
'It probably has gone against us a little bit, but that's the game – those little breaks at the right time.
You may also want to watch:
'If you get them then great. We've just not had that little bit of the rub of the green, which sometimes you do need.
'Over the course of the season I'm pretty sure it will even itself out, but the Chelsea game if the lads don't take confidence from that one they never will, with the way they played.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 6 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 7 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 9 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 10 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
'The only thing I would say is the sending off was a bit harsh, I thought.
'But I think we've done really well, especially against Chelsea I thought we deserved more out of it, but that's what happens against the top sides. They can score very quickly.
'Against Stoke we were a minute away from getting three points and a point away from home against Wigan was a reasonable start, so performance-wise I'm delighted with what the lads have done.
'It's an old clich� but you have to turn them into wins. They just need to keep doing what they are doing.
'I can't ask for any more in their performance level, the way they are playing. We just have to hope we do keep the confidence and spirit there that will give us a win.'