Norwich City handed trip to Leeds United in fourth round of the EFL Cup
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Leeds United stand between Norwich City and a place in the quarter-finals of the EFL Cup.
The Canaries' reward for their superb 2-0 win at Premier League Everton on Tuesday night is another away game in the fourth round.
They will travel to Elland Road in the week commencing October 24 after landing their fellow Championship side in tonight's draw for the last 16.
Alex Neil's troops have already knocked out Coventry City and Everton to reach this stage of the competition while Garry Monk's Whites have seen off Blackburn Rovers, Luton Town and Fleetwood Town, on penalties, to move within one victory of the quarters.
City's last trip to Leeds was a victorious one with goals from Jonny Howson and Graham Dorrans securing a vital 2-0 win in April 2015. The clubs are yet to meet in the league this season with their first encounter set to take place at Carrow Road on Saturday November 5.
Elsewhere, Manchester United landed a mouth-watering home derby against Manchester City in one of three standout all top-flight ties. West Ham will host London rivals Chelsea while Liverpool will welcome Tottenham.
Newcastle take on Preston meaning that there will be at least two second-tier sides definitely in the hat when the last eight arrives.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 Man's surprise at finding virtually naked man asleep on car in Cromer
- 3 Weather warning extended as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 4 Two men arrested after fire caused by disposable BBQ at country park
- 5 Plans for roundabout at accident blackspot set for submission
- 6 Holidaymakers face further severe TUI delays from Norwich
- 7 Elizabethan manor house with 20 acres and a pool on sale for £2.75m
- 8 Man who rushed to help woman stabbed in city park feared she might die
- 9 9 celebrities who have been spotted in Norfolk in 2022
- 10 Stunning drone shots capture high tide in Wells
Draw for the fourth round
West Ham v Chelsea, Man United v Man City, Arsenal v Reading, Liverpool v Tottenham, Bristol City v Hull, Leeds v Norwich, Newcastle v Preston, Southampton v Sunderland