Norwich City go West in FA Cup
Norwich City will have to defy history and the bookmakers to reach the last 16 of the FA Cup after being drawn away to Premier League rivals West Brom in the fourth round.
Paul Lambert will take his men to the Hawthorns on the weekend of January 28 looking to secure the club's first-ever FA Cup win against the Baggies. Norwich also travel to Albion this weekend in the league with West Brom currently 15th, three points behind City.
The Canaries – in the fourth round for only the third time since 1997 – were last night quoted as 50/1 outsiders with William Hill to go all the way to Wembley and lift the trophy in May after brushing Burnley aside 4-1 at Carrow Road on Saturday.
Grant Holt and Simeon Jackson put City in firm control against the Clarets' before Jay Rodriguez pulled one back for the Championship outfit. Holt missed his first penalty for the club prior to the interval, but Andrew Surman and Steve Morison struck after the break. Lambert knows exactly what to expect, with two trips to the West Midlands now in the space of a fortnight.
'It will be a tough tie that one,' he told the club's official site. 'Obviously you always hope for a home draw but on this occasion it wasn't to be and now we have a couple of games away to West Brom in a short space of time. It certainly makes it interesting to be playing the games so close together and we'll be doing our utmost to try and get something from both of them. West Brom are a good side and we're playing well at the minute so I think they will both hopefully be good games for the fans.'
Roy Hodgson's side booked their place in the next round with a battling 4-2 home win over Championship promotion hopefuls Cardiff – West Brom's Republic of Ireland international striker Simon Cox plundering a hat-trick.
The headline tie sees Liverpool host Manchester United in their first meeting since Luis Suarez was hit with an eight game FA ban for racially abusing Patrice Evra.
- 1 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 2 Man in 20s killed and another seriously injured in motorbike crash
- 3 YouTube professional eater smashes 100oz steak challenge at Norfolk pub
- 4 House boarded up after fight in Norfolk village
- 5 Heatwave leaves dried-up pond like 'scene from sci-fi movie'
- 6 Parish council weighs in on row over 'rollercoaster' racking
- 7 'Carnage' as fight involving axes breaks out after van crashes into house
- 8 Revealed: Buyer of Norwich Airport Industrial Estate - and what they paid
- 9 Protests outside drag queen story event sees police called in
- 10 Fighter jet heard roaring over Norwich in night time training exercise
• FA Cup fourth round draw
Brighton/Wrexham v Newcastle, Sunderland v Middlesbrough, Dagenham & Redbridge/Millwall v Southampton, Hull v Crawley, MK Dons/QPR v Chelsea, West Brom v Norwich, Blackpool v Sheff Wed, Arsenal/Leeds v Aston Villa, Stevenage v Notts County, Watford v Tottenham, Liverpool v Man Utd, Derby v Stoke, Everton v Fulham, Macclesfield/Bolton v Swansea, Sheff Utd v Birmingham/Wolves, Nottm Forest/Leicester v Swindon.
Ties to be played on weekend of January 28.