Norwich City Football Club reveal new sponsor for Barclay Stand
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City Football Club has announced a new sponsor for Carrow Road's Barclay Stand for the forthcoming season - Norfolk brewery Woodforde's.
The Woodbastwick-based brewers take over from Coral as the sponsor for the stand, with Carrow Road bosses welcoming a 'substantial long-term stand partnership'.
From July 30, the Barclay Stand will continue to keep its name, but will be referred to as the Barclay Stand sponsored by Woodforde's.
And it means supporters will be able to enjoy Woodforde's Wherry Amber Ale and Norada Pale Ale from Carrow Road's hospitality lounges and concourse kiosks.
Ben Kensell, Norwich City's director of commercial, said: 'We are absolutely delighted to have secured such a famous, local business as the new sponsor of the Barclay Stand and it's always tremendously exciting when we're able to welcome one of our own Norfolk businesses to our club.
'Woodforde's have such a strong connection with our local business community and our fans, so it's great they're on board for the long-term. It's an excellent deal for the club in every sense and the perfect fit.
The Barclay Stand will undergo a visual transformation ahead of the Canaries' first home game of the season against West Bromwich Albion on August 11.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 4 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 5 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 6 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 7 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 8 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 9 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
- 10 The best places to eat in north Norfolk according to The Good Food Guide
And Mr Kensell said: 'I'm confident that the fans both in the Barclay and throughout Carrow Road will be excited to hear Woodforde's plans for the Stand and the season ahead - and this represents another successful commercial close season for the club as we grow from strength to strength.'
Woodforde's chief executive James Hughes said: 'As Norfolk's largest brewer, we're delighted and proud to have forged this exciting new commercial partnership with Norwich City, which will enable us to build our profile further by sponsoring the Barclay Stand.
'We know that Norwich supporters are among the most passionate, so it's great to be able to play our part by giving something back to the fans who create such a brilliant atmosphere at Carrow Road.
'I'm sure those supporters will be proud to see that the Woodforde's branding around the stand reflects the Canaries' famous yellow and green colours, whilst the signage 'Woodforde's Brewery – Born in Norfolk' couldn't be more appropriate.'