Out of favour City striker Naismith poised to return to Hearts on loan
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Out of favour Norwich City striker Steven Naismith looks set to return to Scottish Premier League side Hearts for another loan spell.
BBC Scotland were reporting on Monday night that the 31-year-old would become manager Craig Levein's 11th summer signing.
After finding himself surplus to requirements at Carrow Road under Daniel Farke Naismith joined the Edinburgh club on loan during the January transfer window, making 16 appearances and scoring four goals.
He made just three appearances for the Canaries following Farke's appointment as manager last summer, taking his tally to 48, with eight goals scored, since joining the club from Everton for a rumoured £8.5m fee in January 2016.
Naismith still has a year remaining on his Norwich contract and is thought to be one of the highest earners at the club.
You may also want to watch:
His exit on loan would reduce City's wage bill, although it is unclear what percentage of his earnings Hearts will be covering.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 6 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 7 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 8 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'