James Maddison’s message to Norwich City and its ‘amazing’ fans
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
James Maddison tonight paid tribute to Norwich City fans after waving goodbye to Carrow Road.
The £20m man took to Twitter hours after his move to Premier League Leicester City was confirmed.
In a series of tweets to his 42,000 followers, Maddison said: 'Can't go without saying a massive, massive thank you to everyone involved with Norwich City. From Delia and Michael, to Stuart and the Boss.
'Can't forget my brilliant team-mates and most importantly you amazing fans! I can't thank you enough! You installed confidence in me and gave me the freedom to go and be the player I wanted to be, so I will be forever grateful for that.
'You didn't get on my back if I made a mistake and you supported me whether I was scoring worldies or getting tackled near my own goal.I hope Norwich gets back to where it belongs and that is most definitely the Premier League!
You may also want to watch:
'I am now a Canary for life and it'll be the first result I check. Good luck to everyone involved with Norwich City. #JM23.'
Then followed a message to his new fans, at Leicester: 'As a young boy my dream was always to play in the Premier League! Now I have the opportunity to make my dream come true and I can't wait to get started at this fantastic football club! Delighted to be here and looking forward to meeting all of you.'
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 5 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 6 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 7 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 8 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 9 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 10 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland