Norwich City fans can relax as Football Manager 2016 simulation predicts Premier League survival...
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City will avoid relegation from the Premier League this season - according to a simulation by Football Manager 2016.
The team at Sports Interactive, makers of the popular football management sim, simulated the remainder of the season and factored in the signings made during the January transfer window.
It's good news for Norwich City fans with the simulation predicting Alex Neil's side will finish in 17th place, five points off the drop with Bournemouth, Sunderland and Aston Villa all forecast to slip into the Championship.
Despite picking up wins over Everton and Southampton and a draw at Stoke, Aston Villa can't recover from their poor start to the season and finish in bottom spot. Sunderland endure a run of 10 games without a win between January and the end of March. Jermain Defoe is inconsistent, scoring braces against Chelsea and West Ham but failing to find the back of the net for five games in Sunderland's barren run.
Bournemouth are the final side to be relegated. Their big money January signings, Benik Afobe and Lewis Grabban, form a good strike partnership with 12 goals between them but loan signing Juan Iturbe is underwhelming. Ultimately, it's their struggle to keep a clean sheet that sends them down.
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 3 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 4 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 5 Star-studded line-up announced for free Norfolk festival
- 6 George Ezra to host album launch show in Norwich
- 7 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 8 Interactive and immersive dinosaur attraction opening in Norfolk this month
- 9 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 10 RAF flypast to pass through Norfolk's skies