Norwich City fan ‘Fluxmeister General’ pens England Euros anthem
- Credit: Submitted
A Norwich City fan believes he has written the anthem to help England to Euro 2016 glory.
Fluxmeister General, AKA 26-year-old Jake, has penned a track called 'E U R O (We're gonna take that trophy home), which he hopes will spur the Three Lions onto tournament triumph.
Fluxmeister General, who lives in Bristol, said: 'I was disappointed when there was no official song for the Euros, so I thought I'd write one myself.
'I was inspired by Leicester City winning the Premier League. They won because almost everyone in the country was behind them and wanted them to win.
'If England take the same belief and support with them, they could do the same.'
You may also want to watch:
The support worker-come-rapper, cites Baddiel and Skinner's Three Lions as his favourite football song, and musically takes influence from the garage genre.
He added: 'I've always wanted to write an England song, so this was a good a time as any.'
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 7 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 8 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 9 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 10 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
Despite a rousing song though, he refuses to accept any of the plaudits if England do 'take that trophy home'.
He said: 'I doubt any of the players have heard it, but if they had, I'd like to think it would spur them on.
'But whether they hear it or not, I truly believe we can go on and win it.'