Norwich City’s FA Cup third round clash against Chelsea to be televised
- Credit: PA
Norwich City's third round FA Cup clash against champions Chelsea will be shown live by BT Sport on Saturday, January 6.
It will be the late game that day and will kick-off at 5.30pm.
Chelsea boss Antonio Conte is likely to bring plenty of international stars with him to Norfolk, with the likes of Eden Hazard, Alvaro Morata and Willian, although it remains to be seen if he shuffles his pack after a hectic round of league games over the festive period.
The two sides last met at Carrow Road in March 2016, with Alex Neil's side giving a good account of themselves before going down 2-1 in a Premier League fixture. Trailing 2-0 at the break to an early strike from Kenedy and a goal from Diego Costa just before the break that looked suspiciously offside, City hit back through Nathan Redmond but couldn't force an equaliser.
The previous FA Cup meeting, also in the third round, came in the 2001-2 season, when Nigel Worthington's side were battling for promotion to the top flight. Chelsea had to battle hard to come away from Carrow Road with a 0-0 draw but won the replay at Stamford Bridge comfortably, with their 4-0 success best remembered for a superb backheeled goal from Gianfranco Zola.
You may also want to watch:
Other televised fixtures for that weekend have also been confirmed with Manchester United notable in their omission. Their FA Cup third round clash against Derby County will be the first time in 12 years that a tie of theirs hasn't been televised – 58 matches in total.
The last time City had an FA Cup game televised was back in 2010 when the BBC were there to see the Canaries' 7-0 win over Paulton Rovers. Their second round tie at Carlisle was broadcast live on the FA's website but wasn't on television.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 3 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 4 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 5 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 6 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 7 Appeal for rescuers to come forward following Sea Palling incident
- 8 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 9 Hethersett high school sends pupils home after four coronavirus cases
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
January 5: Liverpool vs Everton (BBC)
January 6: Fleetwood/Hereford vs Leicester City (BBC)
January 6: Norwich vs Chelsea (BT Sport)
January 7: Shrewsbury v West Ham (BBC)
January 7: Nottingham Forest v Arsenal (BT Sport)