Norwich City earn £46.07m in Premier League television income for 2012/13
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City earned £46.07m in Premier League television money for the 2012/13, according to official figures released on Tuesday morning.
The Canaries' 11th placed league finish was matched by their position in the rankings of income shared between the 20 Premier League clubs, based on league positions and television revenues.
City's latest tranche of top flight money was slightly up on last season's £45.6m after finishing one place higher than in their debut campaign back in the big time.
Norwich's 2012/13 is broken down into a merit payment, based on league position, of £7.55m and a facilities fee, based on domestic television coverage, of £5.78m. All 20 clubs earned an equal share for Premier League membership (£13.8m per club) and overseas television revenue (£18.93m per club).
Champions Manchester United earned a record £60.8million after winning the title - but even the club that finishes bottom next season will exceed that income due to the top flight's huge new broadcasting deals.
You may also want to watch:
The Premier League is close to finalising its deals which will see a total of around £5.5billion in broadcasting rights for the 2013-16 period - some £2billion more than the current deals.
The league champions next season can expect to earn close to £100million in broadcast earnings while the bottom club, which this season was QPR, can expect their earnings to go up from £39.8million to around £63million - more than United earned from the most recent campaign.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 4 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 5 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 6 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 7 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 8 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 9 Three taken to hospital after eight crews battle holiday park blaze
- 10 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
• Full breakdown on Premier League earnings for 2012/13