Norwich City duo set for Euro 2016 heartache, warns Harry Redknapp
- Credit: AP
Harry Redknapp is predicting Euro 2016 heartache for Norwich City's Republic of Ireland duo Robbie Brady and Wes Hoolahan.
The former Tottenham manager and one-time England management hopeful feels the Irish face an impossible task to qualify from a group featuring Belgium, Italy and Monday's opening opponents, Sweden.
'I see Belgium as the top side but certainly Sweden is a dangerous team,' he said. 'When you've got (Zlatan) Ibrahimovic, you've got to be dangerous. They are going to be a threat to anybody. There's also Italy, they always qualify and are always dangerous and well organised.
'Republic of Ireland will also be a threat; they've got good players but I can't see them finishing in the top two.'
Redknapp warns it will be tough for Kyle Lafferty's Northern Ireland to progress as well, but tips England and Wales to lead the charge from Group B.
You may also want to watch:
'I think England and Wales will qualify,' he said. 'I'm not being patriotic when I say that, I think we have a great chance and it will be fantastic squad of players and I don't see why we will not be a real force in this tournament and Wales again, they've got some outstanding players. They are a team full of confidence. Chris Coleman has done a great job with them and I think they will be decent and give everybody a game.
'I would love to see Northern Ireland make it. What Michael O'Neill has done down there is incredible. He is a great lad as well, I can't speak enough about the achievements he's made getting Northern Ireland to the finals but I think Poland is a dangerous team, you wouldn't want Poland in your group. Them and Germany for me would be the two best teams.'
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 5 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 6 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 7 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 8 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes