Norwich City duo Alex Neil and Jacob Murphy nominated for monthly Championship awards
- Credit: Daniel Hambury/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City boss Alex Neil and in-form youngster Jacob Murphy have been nominated for September's Sky Bet Championship Manager and Player of the Month awards.
Neil is up again Newcastle United's Rafa Benitez, Carlos Carvahal of Sheffield Wednesday and Reading's Jaap Stam.
Murphy's competition comes from Bristol City striker Tammy Abraham, central defender Shane Duffy, of Brighton, and Brentford's Scott Hogan.
Neil has guided City to five wins – including the 2-0 Capital One Cup third round win at Premier League Everton – in a row, before the 4-3 defeat at Newcastle.
The Canaries are second in the table, with Newcastle third, Reading eighth and Sheffield Wednesday ninth.
You may also want to watch:
The judging panel is made up of former Ipswich Town manager George Burley, Sky Sports' EFL League expert Don Goodman, EFL marketing director Drew Barrand, League Managers' Association director Olaf Dixon and Sky Bet Football trading manager Paul Lowery.
Four of Murphy's five league goals came in September, making the 21-year-old one of the hottest properties in the Championship.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 10 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
The judging panel for player of the month will be Goodman, Dixon and Lowery.
The winners of both awards will be announced tomorrow morning.