Norwich City drawn at home to Scunthorpe United in Capital One Cup second round
Norwich City will face Scunthorpe United at Carrow Road in the second round of the Capital One Cup.
Chris Hughton's men enter the re-branded League Cup competition, along with the rest of the Premier League clubs not in early European action, with the second round tie to be played on Tuesday, August 28 (7.45pm kick-off).
City were humbled 4-0 by League One visitors MK Dons at the same stage of last season's cup competition.
Hughton told the club's official website: 'First and foremost it's great for us to get a home tie in the Cup, I think that's the most important thing.
'If you need any reference as to what sort of opposition we will be up against you just have to look at their thrilling game against Derby County in the first round on Tuesday. They showed resilience and persistence to come back from behind and eventually win the tie on penalties and I'm sure they'll come here in the same spirit.
You may also want to watch:
'Credit to Scunthorpe for their performance and will to win and we will look forward to welcoming them here to Carrow Road.
'I'm delighted to get a home tie and it gives the fans the opportunity to watch their team in the Cup.'
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 5 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 8 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
- 10 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman