Norwich City drawn against Shrewsbury Town in third round of Capital One Cup
- Credit: Richard Calver/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City will travel to Shrewsbury Town in the third round of the Capital One Cup.
The Canaries beat Crawley Town 3-1 in the second round at Carrow Road on Tuesday night thanks to a debut goal from striker Cameron Jerome and a brace from teenage winger Josh Murphy.
That victory has earned City a trip to Shrewsbury to take on the League Two side – who beat Premier League new boys Leicester City 1-0 in the second round on Tuesday.
It will be the first meeting between the two sides for over 28 years – and City's first visit to Shrewsbury's Greenhous Meadow ground.
The Shrews were still based at Gay Meadow back in February 1986 when they hosted the Canaries in the old Division Two, with the visitors coming out on top 3-0 courtesy of goals from Kevin Drinkell (2) and Mark Barham. Ken Brown's team went on to win the title by a seven-point margin.
All third round ties are scheduled to be played during the week commencing September 22.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 5 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 6 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 9 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 10 Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'
Chelsea v Bolton, Arsenal v Southampton, West Brom v Hull, Crystal Palace v Newcastle, Leyton Orient v Sheff Utd, Cardiff v Bournemouth, Sunderland v Stoke, Derby v Reading, Liverpool v Middlesbrough, MK Dons v Bradford, Man City v Sheff Wed, Burton v Brighton, Swansea v Everton, Shrewsbury v Norwich, Fulham v Doncaster, Tottenham v Nottm Forest