Story of the match: Norwich City U18s 4 Derby County U18s 2
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Norwich City Under-18s sealed progress to the fifth round of the FA Youth Cup on Friday night, beating Derby County 4-2- in a dramatic encounter at Carrow Road. Here's how the match unfolded.
The young Canaries host the Rams in the fourth round, looking to secure progress to the fifth round of the prestigious competition for the third successive season for City.
Adam Idah's hat-trick and an Anthony Spyrou strike – all in the space of just 10 minutes – saw David Wright's U18s beat Barnsley 4-1 at Carrow Road in the last round.
Derby's progress was rather less straightforward, being pegged back twice in a 2-2 draw with Manchester United at Pride Park as snow fell, before keeper Joe Fryatt saved three penalties in a 3-1 shootout success, with the Red Devils also having two men sent off in an eventful game.
Both teams play in the U18 Premier League but Derby are in the North Division and Norwich in the South.
The teams know they have a home tie up for grabs in the fifth round, against Crystal Palace or Newcastle United, who play their fourth round tie next Friday.
You may also want to watch:
• Follow updates from this evening's game above from around 6.30pm
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 5 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 8 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 9 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week