Norwich City defender Timm Klose ready to face Villa Park cauldron
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Timm Klose is licking his lips at the prospect of being involved in Norwich City's relegation showdown at Aston Villa.
The giant defender made his Premier League debut during the Canaries' 3-0 home defeat to Tottenham Hotspur on Tuesday.
While that loss has upped the ante going into tomorrow's trip to the Midlands, Klose remains adamant he can't wait to step inside the Villa Park pressure cooker.
'I love these matches,' said a smiling Klose. 'You have a little bit of pressure, that's for sure, but that's why we are football players.
'We'll go there and fight against them. If we want to stay in this league we have to win such games, or at least don't lose them.
'With our team I'm very confident that we're going to put in a great performance because there is a lot of quality in this team.'
Basement boys Villa are 10 points from safety while City's loss to Spurs left them just two points above the bottom three – and feeling the wrath of boss Alex Neil.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 2 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 3 Carriageway of A11 remains closed after air ambulance called to crash
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages in north Norfolk
- 5 Recycling centre closures planned as part of £15m County Hall cuts
- 6 Customers travelling especially to visit charming new café at fishery
- 7 Drink driving teacher crashed into church wall with baby in car
- 8 Police called after sudden death at home near Norwich
- 9 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 10 Classic car show back this weekend with over 700 vehicles
'It would have surprised me if he (Neil) wasn't angry after the first half,' added the centre-back.
'He tried to explain what we could and what we needed to do better.
'When you compare the second with the first half there was a complete difference so he found the right words.'
Should Klose keep his place against Villa? E-mail your views to email@example.com