Norwich City defender Michael Turner insists transfer talk will not upset Canaries
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Norwich City defender Michael Turner is confident the Canaries' Championship promotion bid will not be blown off course by transfer speculation about some of Neil Adams' squad.
Ricky van Wolfswinkel looks set for a loan move to St Etienne while Leroy Fer and Nathan Redmond continue to be linked with Premier League returns.
'It doesn't unsettle the squad,' said Turner. 'We have a strong, core group of players here who are fully-committed and ready to roll up their sleeves to do whatever it takes to have a successful season for the club. Of course there is going to be speculation about players leaving, that is football, but we just focus on getting ourselves fit and ready for the first game.
'Ever since I came to the club the team spirit has been excellent. It has got better as those two years have gone on and this year feels like the best it has been in my time.'
Turner has been a regular fixture during pre-season which concluded with Friday night's 2-2 friendly against Celta Vigo where he started the game alongside captain Russell Martin before linking up with Ryan Bennett.
You may also want to watch:
'You want to play alongside someone on a regular basis. Any defender would tell you the same,' he said. 'It can be difficult, wherever you are on the pitch, to try and form that partnership if you are chopping and changing, but it is pre-season, you have to remember that, and of course the manager wants to use this time to look at different things.
'It was a good work-out. Probably the toughest we have had this summer. That is always good, that is what you want in the final game before the league starts. You need to test yourself. They showed at times just what a quality team they are. They are playing in a great league in Spain and you could see that in the way they moved the ball.'
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 3 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 4 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 5 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 6 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 7 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 8 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 9 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
- 10 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000