Norwich City confirm squad numbers for 2013-14 Premier League campaign
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have confirmed their squad numbers for the new season.
New signings Leroy Fer and Gary Hooper will wear the number 10 and 11 shirts respectively, in their first campaigns with the Canaries – while fellow summer arrival Ricky van Wolfswinkel was allocated the number nine shirt last month.
Simeon Jackson's departure and Andrew Surman's season loan to Bournemouth had left 10 and 11 available.
Of City's other new boys, Nathan Redmond will wear the 22 shirt that was vacant last term, with Martin Olsson replacing the departed Marc Tierney at 23.
Goalkeeper Mark Bunn clearly does not sufffer with triskaidekaphobia, after moving up from number 28 to 13 – which was also vacant last term. Veteran glovesman and new boy Carlo Nash will wear 20 left by Leon Barnett.
Daniel Ayala returns to his 26 shirt having returned from a season on-loan at Nottingham Forest, while David Fox is the only other senior player to see his number change – from 15 down to 25.
It means the 15 and 16 shirts are currently the only lower numbers empty ahead of the summer transfer window's deadline of 11pm on Monday, September 2 – after which, City boss Chris Hughton will be required to name his 25-man Premier League squad for the rest of 2013.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 4 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 7 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 8 The best places to eat in north Norfolk according to The Good Food Guide
- 9 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
- 10 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
• Norwich City's 2013-14 squad numbers: 1 John Ruddy, 2 Russell Martin, 3 Steven Whittaker, 4 Bradley Johnson, 5 Sebastien Bassong, 6 Michael Turner, 7 Robert Snodgrass, 8 Jonny Howson, 9 Ricky van Wolfswinkel, 10 Leroy Fer, 11 Gary Hooper, 12 Anthony Pilkington, 13 Mark Bunn, 14 Wes Hoolahan, 17 Elliott Bennett, 18 Javier Garrido, 19 Luciano Becchio, 20 Carlo Nash, 21 Jacob Butterfield, 22 Nathan Redmond, 23 Martin Olsson, 24 Ryan Bennett, 25 David Fox, 26 Daniel Ayala, 27 Alex Tettey.