Norwich City confirm Robbie Brady transfer
- Credit: Archant
Robbie Brady is finally a Norwich City player after his protracted transfer from Hull City was confirmed on Wednesday afternoon.
Brady has signed a three-year-deal for an undisclosed fee, with reports on Humberside of a £7m deal, after travelling to Norfolk earlier this week to finalise personal terms and undergo a medical.
'I'm really pleased to sign Robbie. As everyone's aware, we've been chasing him for quite a while,' said Alex Neil, speaking to the club's official site. 'He'll be an absolutely perfect fit for us. Hopefully he can go on and show everything that we think he's capable of.
'He's dynamic, he's got good energy to get up and down the pitch, and he's got a fantastic left foot which makes him a real danger at set-pieces. He's got a lot of things in his locker. It gives us good competition down the left side.
'He's got good pedigree and he's still young so he's got his best days ahead of him, so we're just really happy that we've managed to get it over the line.'
The 23-year-old was the subject of a long-running summer saga after Tigers' boss Steve Bruce labelled Norwich's opening bids, in the region of £2m to £3m, as 'embarrasssing' but Bruce was forced to admit defeat in his attempts to keep hold of Brady.
The Republic of Ireland international only had one year left on his existing deal on Humberside but indicated to Bruce he wanted to remain in the Premier League after the Tigers' relegation.
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 3 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 4 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 5 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 6 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 7 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 8 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 9 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 10 Action taken against cold callers who left homeowner 'freaked out'
Brady could now make his Norwich debut in Saturday's final pre-season friendly against Brentford after becoming Neil's third summer signing following the captures of Youssouf Mulumbu and a permanent deal for Graham Dorrans.