Norwich City confirm prestige home friendly against Real Sociedad
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City will host Spanish Champions-League qualifiers Real Sociedad in a Carrow Road friendly on Tuesday, August 6 (7:45pm).
The Canaries confirmed the first of two high-profile fixtures on Tuesday morning which will see Chris Hughton's squad take on continental opposition as they step up their preparations for the Premier League kick off on August 17.
The Basques' finished fourth in last season's La Liga behind champions Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid. Former Arsenal forward Carlos Vela was Sociedad's 14-goal top scorer last season and the club have a clutch of exciting younger talent. Highly-rated Spanish U21 defensive midfielder Asier Illarramendi has been linked with a £10m summer move to the Gunners.
City's Spanish full-back Javier Garrido started his career with Sociedad after progressing through their youth ranks before sealing a move to Manchester City in 2007.
The home test against Spanish opposition follows on from away friendlies the previous week at Brighton and Braga after the club's three-date US tour.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 6 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 7 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 8 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 9 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life