Norwich City confirm Leroy Fer signing
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Norwich City have completed the signing of Dutch international midfielder Leroy Fer.
Canaries' officials confirmed the widely-expected deal on Saturday evening with Fer set to join City on a four-year contract for an undisclosed fee, subject to international clearance.
Fer will become Chris Hughton's sixth signing of a productive summer and the former FC Twente youngster is poised to link up with his new team mates on Sunday ahead of flying out for the club's three-date US tour.
Fer will join fellow Dutchman Ricky van Wolfswinkel at Carrow Road along with Nathan Redmond, Carlo Nash, Martin Olsson and Javier Garrido who sealed a permanent move from Lazio at the end of the last Premier League season.
Fer travelled to Norwich with his representatives earlier this week after returning from a holiday in Bali to agree terms on a move to England. A previous January transfer window switch to City's opening day opponents, Everton, fell through.
You may also want to watch:
Hughton told the club's official site: 'We are really pleased to have acquired the signature of a player with the qualities that Leroy has. He's a very versatile Dutch international and at 23 he has that pleasing balance of having acquired experience playing over 100 games in the Dutch League - but still having plenty of time ahead of him to continue his development as a player here with us at Norwich City.'
The 6ft 2in midfielder started his career at Feyenoord, where he scored 14 goals in 103 appearances before moving to FC Twente in 2011. He has made 71 appearances and scored 21 times for Twente. Fer has also captained Holland at Under-17 level and went on to play at Under-19 level before progressing to the Under-21 side where in impressed in the recent Uefa European Under-21 Championships in Israel.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 5 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 6 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 7 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 8 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 9 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 10 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success