Norwich City clash the perfect game for Swansea’s Williams
Swansea City defender Ashley Williams believes Saturday's clash against Norwich City is the 'perfect game' to get their season back on track.
The Swans' promotion hopes were dealt a blow at the weekend with a 2-1 defeat at bottom side Preston North End but the Welsh international insists they will be ready to bounce back against the Canaries, who sit four points ahead of the Welsh side.
'Norwich is the perfect game for us,' said Williams, whose own goal at Carrow Road back in August helped City to a 2-0 win in the reverse fixture. 'After the disappointment at Preston we need a big one. We always tend to turn up for those big ones and it's a perfect game for us to bounce back and show everyone we are still involved.'
Williams knows Saturday's match falls into the 'must win' category for Brendan Rodgers' men but believes there is still a lot of mileage in the race for the Premier League.
'The season's not over. We lost, so we've got to take it on the chin and move on. We've got to stick together as a team and a club. Some people may over-react to the defeat this week, but a lot of us have been together for a long time and we will stick together. It's just us in there; it's down to us and nobody else.
'A lot of things weren't right (against Preston) and we will have to go back to work this week and start again.'
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 3 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 4 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 5 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 6 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 7 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 8 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 9 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 10 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia