Norwich City chief Neil Adams scotches speculation of a £10m bid for Leeds hitman Ross McCormack
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Norwich City boss Neil Adams insisted the Canaries have not bid £10m for Leeds hitman Ross McCormack.
The City chief rejected fresh speculation City and fellow relegated Premier League rivals Fulham are locked in a battle for last season's Championship's top scorer.
The Cottagers had a bid turned down earlier this summer for the Scottish international, who has also been linked with a Carrow Road switch, but Adams confirmed at Colney on Tuesday morning McCormack is not on his radar. Reports of a £5m bid for Watford's Troy Deeney are also well wide of the mark.
'There is nothing in that. We have made no offer for McCormack,' said Adams. 'I've read about plenty of others as well. What we are doing is looking everywhere of course and with agents and players people make assumptions. There was another dozen names that I have been linked with and we have supposedly made offers for that is plainly untrue.
'As and when we do we will let the supporters and the media know. There is no pulling the wool over the eyes here. We have not made a bid for McCormack or for any other player.'
Adams' immediate priority is a new goalkeeping coach after Dave Watson completed his expected move to Southampton. The City boss is confident of finding a replacement within the next two days.
'Dave was an excellent coach and the fact he was with England at the World Cup tells you how highly he is regarded,' said Adams. 'He has managed to go to a Premier League club and we wish Dave all the best. Again, it is one of those you can't really stand in his way with the level he has been working at in Brazil. We now have to get some cover in quickly. We should have some by tomorrow (Wednesday). Whether that is permanent or temporary it needs looking at straight away. That is priority for now.'
- 1 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 2 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
- 3 7 pubs up for sale or rent in Norfolk
- 4 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 5 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 6 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 7 Blackpool player cites Norfolk footballer as inspiration after coming out
- 8 'The name's Bond, bor': Norfolk actors in the running for next James Bond
- 9 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 10 Councillors quit Conservative group over multi-million-pound building move
McCormack has reportedly stayed behind in England with the rest of Leeds' squad now in Italy for a pre-season training camp to resolve his future, with Skysports claiming on Tuesday morning Fulham remain in pole position to sign the Elland Road frontman.