Norwich City chief Alex Neil coy on Marvin Zeegelaar bid; updates on Robbie Brady and Alex Pritchard
- Credit: Archant
Alex Neil was tight-lipped on whether Dutch left-back Marvin Zeegelaar is his first January signing but insisted there has been no transfer interest in Alex Pritchard.
Fresh reports in Portugal on Friday suggest Zeegelaar is poised to fly to England in the next 24 hours to seal a £4.3m move from Sporting Lisbon, to replace the recently-departed Martin Olsson.
'If the deal had been done we would be talking about it now and you would be the first to know. Nothing has been finalised with anything,' said Neil. 'We have a whole host of targets we are looking at. I am not going to confirm whether he is one or not but we are looking at players on that left side with Martin's departure and the amount of speculation surrounding Robbie (Brady). It is only natural we would be looking for left-sided players.'
Brady was linked with Bournemouth in recent days, after Eddie Howe was at City's FA Cup third round replay with Southampton. The Daily Mail claimed on Friday Burnley is prepared to pay £13m for the Republic of Ireland international, but Neil insisted at his pre-match press call ahead of Wolves' weekend visit the situation remains unchanged.
The Premier League club had also been touted with an £8m enquiry for Pritchard, but that is news to Neil.
'No, there is nothing in that. Absolutely not,' he said. 'We have had no interest for him from anyone. In terms of Robbie the same as midweek with him. Exactly the same. There have been no enquiries from Bournemouth. At this stage of the window things start to gather pace. Whether there is movement in or out before the end, the market in the last day or two will go berserk. It always does. Clubs start to scramble about and try to spend money they do not have. I think it is going to be busy.'
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 4 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 5 Norwich man in court over £3.5m whiskey theft
- 6 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 7 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
- 8 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 9 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 10 'Mishap' at historic hotel as van crashes into entrance wall