Norwich City boss Neil Adams misses out on manager of the month award
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City manager Neil Adams has missed out on winning the Sky Bet Championship Manager of the Month award.
Wolverhampton Wanderers boss Kenny Jackett has won the August award ahead of Adams, Stuart Pearce of Nottingham Forest and Ian Holloway of Millwall.
The Canaries chief had been nominated after his side picked up 10 points from their first five games since being relegated from the Premier League, including a 1-0 win in the East Anglian Derby at Ipswich.
Wolves won four of their opening five, including beating the relegated trio of Norwich, Fulham and Cardiff, conceding just two goals in the process.
Dave Bassett, who chairs the Sky Bet Manager of the Month judging panel, said: 'Wolves have enjoyed an excellent start to life back in the Sky Bet Championship after their promotion last season.
You may also want to watch:
'Nottingham Forest also had an excellent start under Stuart Pearce but I have chosen Kenny as I think Wolves just shaded it when you consider the quality of opposition they defeated in August.'
Sky Sports' Football League pundit Don Goodman added: 'Jackett's side have made the step up from League 1 to the Championship seamlessly, and taking the big scalps of all the relegated sides in the first month.'
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Broadband down across Norfolk as Sky internet hit by issue
- 3 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 4 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 5 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 6 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 7 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 8 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 9 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 10 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
Peterborough United manager Darren Ferguson won the League One award for August and Morecambe manager Jim Bentley claimed the League Two award.
Charlton Athletic striker Igor Vetokele has won the Sky Bet Championship Player of the Month for August, after scoring five goals in five games.
The Angolan striker beat off competition from Michail Antonio of Nottingham Forest, Tom Cairney of Blackburn Rovers and Alan Dunne of Millwall.