Norwich City boss Lambert pledges changes for FA Cup trip to West Brom
Paul Lambert is pledging changes again to his starting line up for tomorrow's FA Cup fourth round trip to West Brom.
Lambert confirmed at his pre-match press briefing on Friday morning he will shuffle his pack once more as the Canaries aim to complete a quickfire league and cup double after winning 2-1 earlier this month at the Hawthorns.
'I probably will mix it a little bit,' he said. 'The lads know it will be a really hard game because it was tough up there the last time. Beating them in that game doesn't matter for this one. No two games are the same. I don't know if Roy (Hodgson) will change his team or anything like that because of the league games the next midweek. But we'll go and try to win it.
'I just think Roy might change it for the Premier League game to come - he might not, he might go strong but I'm pretty sure the midweek games plays a part in people's thinking.'
James Vaughan and Elliott Ward came through a 60 minute reserve outing in midweek but Lambert is wary of rushing the duo back too quickly after such lengthy injury lay offs.
You may also want to watch:
They are not too far away,' he said. 'The good thing for me is that they came through the game the other night. A fully-fit James Vaughan will be a handful for anybody. Wardy coming back after missing most of this season gives me four good centre halves for two places. I haven't decided what I will do yet for the cup game. I might just take them up there for a bit of sight-seeing. I don't know.'
Lambert confirmed Marc Tierney also came through the midweek reserve run out against Chelsea with no reaction to his recent groin injury and the left-back is pushing for a recall with Tottenham loanee Kyle Naughton ineligible.
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 9 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected