Norwich City boss Chris Hughton undaunted by gruelling Premier League finale
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Chris Hughton is unfazed by the prospect of a daunting Premier League finale to the season for Norwich City.
The Canaries face trips to Chelsea and Manchester United in between home tests against Liverpool and Arsenal but Hughton points to City's final day heroics at Manchester City last season as proof anything is possible.
'There is no doubt that if you had a choice, you would prefer not to play four games of that difficult together, particularly at that stage of the season,' he said. 'However, we've gone to Manchester City on the last game of last season and we were able to win, so the approach going into those games will never be one of fear – we'll try and get what we can from each of them. It is what it is and you never know what position any of those clubs will be in.'
Hughton, speaking to the club's official site, believes Everton under new management on the opening day at Carrow Road will be a difficult test.
'I think if you had a choice you would always want to be at home in the first game,' he said. 'They've got a very good squad with very good players, and in Roberto they've got a very good manager. It's a new team for him and a new challenge for him, but I very much expect him to do well. We are at home, though, and you would always look for a home game on that first weekend.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 6 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 8 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 9 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 10 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder