Norwich City boss Alex Neil gears up for a double raid in the transfer market
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Alex Neil insists it is still full steam ahead in Norwich City's pursuit of fresh blood in the transfer market.
The Canaries' boss added former Blackburn keeper Jake Kean to his roster on the eve of the 2-1 friendly win against Brentford that marked the final step on the road to Crystal Palace's Premier League visit this weekend.
Kean is the Scot's fifth summer signing, but with nearly a month left in the window Neil is targeting two more recruits. 'I am trying to get bodies in. I would hope to add a couple more,' he said. 'Whether that happens by the end of this week as opposed to the end of the window is a different matter.
'We are working as hard as we can and we have a number of targets we are trying to actively pursue.
'Jake is a good, up-and-coming goalkeeper. We obviously have Declan Rudd here as our number two goalkeeper, and we've sent Remi Matthews out on loan to get match experience.
'We needed to make sure we had cover for the goalkeeping position and we wanted to bring in someone who could push Declan.'
Neil has made no secret of his search for fresh firepower after pulling out of a proposed deal for Celta striker Joaquin Larrivey. The Scot was also touted with Cesena's Gregoire Defrel, but the French striker appears set to remain in Serie A at Sassuolo, while Rickie Lambert completed a move to Premier League rivals West Brom prior to the weekend and Rudy Gestede moved to Aston Villa from Blackburn.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 5 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 6 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 9 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 10 Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'