Norwich City boss Alex Neil aims to put Cardiff City on the back foot
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Alex Neil insists Norwich City must be fearless at Carrow Road as he prepares for his home debut this weekend against Championship rivals Cardiff City.
The Canaries have hammered Huddersfield and Millwall in recent times and Neil is demanding the same ruthless edge to bolster their promotion push.
'Why be scared? That is the bottom line and how I look at it,' he said. 'Why try and be defensive and get picked off 1-0 or grind out a dreary 0-0 draw? No way. I'll go for it. That's how I look at it and that is how I want my players to play. You have to take the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition but I am a big believer if we know our tasks and it works you don't need to tinker with it too much. Looking at the squad we have got I would be more inclined to let them worry about us.'
Neil can expect huge backing after last weekend's maiden win over Bournemouth and the Scot aims to channel that goodwill into overwhelming the Bluebirds.
'The away fans were fantastic so I expect nothing less than the home fans to get behind the team,' he said. 'We've got to give them something to shout about and make sure we are putting in as much passion and effort as they would as supporters. The team have to give them a performance they deserve.
You may also want to watch:
'We're eight points from the top of the league so it's not easy to make that up but if we can gain a bit of momentum, get into a rhythm and start picking up wins you never know where it can take you.'
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 4 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 5 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 6 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed