Norwich City board ‘hope and believe’ Alex Neil will get Canaries back on track
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Chief executive Jez Moxey says he understands fan frustrations with Norwich City's current poor form but insists he still has faith in manager Alex Neil.
The Canaries head to Derby County tomorrow looking to end a four-match losing streak in the Championship.
'It's difficult, when you lose four games in a row, get knocked out of a cup, people are disappointed, they're frustrated, they think we should be doing better but we're in the results business so it's all about trying to win,' Moxey said.
'A few wins, people feel differently. We hope and believe that Alex and the team can deliver the results that the fans want.'
Along with public backing for Neil, the former Wolves CEO also announced at Wednesday's AGM that technical director Ricky Martin will take charge of the player recruitment department, to help the manager plan ahead for future transfer windows.
You may also want to watch:
'Let me be clear what Ricky has had changed to his role, he's added recruitment to his existing role, so he's got other things that he still does,' Moxey added.
'What he will bring is a discipline and a structure to our recruitment process that will help us, I believe, identify better players, that's his job.'
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 7 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 10 Man and woman found dead in home