Norwich City bidding to end lean run in League Cup
The Canaries are bidding to reach the third round of the League Cup competition for the first time since 2007, when they were beaten 1-0 at Manchester City after defeating Barnet and Rochdale.
City have gone out at the second round stage in each of the last three seasons, twice on their own ground, at the hands of Sunderland and MK Dons.
Norwich have won the competition twice, in 1961-62 and 1984-85, and were beaten finalists in 1972-73 and 1974-75. They also reached the semi-finals in 1973-74. They have not reached the last eight since 1995-96.
The Canaries have never met Scunthorpe in the League Cup.
Alan Knill's team have failed to win their last nine league and cup games, except for their penalty shoot-out win in the last round after a 5-5 draw at Derby.
You may also want to watch:
The Iron have been knocked out by Premier League opposition in each of the past three seasons – Manchester City, Manchester United and Newcastle.
They have never knocked out a top-flight club in the League Cup.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 6 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 7 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 10 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
Scunthorpe have found the net in 13 of their last 14 League Cup ties.