Norwich City beat Walsall in first pre-season friendly
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City opened their pre-season games with a 2-1 win over Walsall on Saturday, in a match played behind closed doors at St George's Park.
Media were not welcome at the game, but Norwich City's club website has posted a brief match report in which they said the Canaries were 'largely dominant from the off' against the League One side.
Norwich City's website said they created 'a number of reasonable chances as they stretched their opponents well by using the width of the pitch'.
Ryan Bennett scored in the 24th minute from Josh Murphy's cross from the left.
At half-time, Alex Neil changed his starting line-up completely and Walsall equalised after 55 minutes with a Theo Vassell header from a corner.
But the club said the Canaries quickly hit back with Cameron Jerome scoring from a Graham Dorran's corner in the 60th minute.
Norwich first half XI: Ruddy (Rudd, 30); Pinto, Bennett, Bassong, Thompson; Naismith, Odjidja, Andreu, Josh Murphy; van Wolfswinkel, Morris.
- 1 Carriageway of A11 remains closed after air ambulance called to crash
- 2 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 3 Drink driving teacher crashed into church wall with baby in car
- 4 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north Norfolk
- 6 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 7 Recycling centre closures planned as part of £15m County Hall cuts
- 8 11 indulgent spa getaways in East Anglia
- 9 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 10 Fire crews called to vehicle blaze on A47
Norwich second half XI: Rudd (Matthews, 60); Godfrey, Crowe, Klose, Toffolo; Mulumbu, Dorrans; Jacob Murphy, Maddison, Cantwell; Jerome.
UNUSED SUBS: Ray Grant, Jamal Lewis.