Norwich City backed to beat the odds
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City will be firmly in the mix for Championship promotion, according to the national bookmakers.
Neil Adams' squad are one of the leading fancies to make an instant Premier League return. Norwich's top brass have made it clear they aim to return at the first attempt and the Canaries, Cardiff and Fulham all feature prominently at the head of the summer betting markets.
Lewis Grabban has already been recruited after a prolific Championship campaign at Bournemouth and Adams' pledged to attract further reinforcements following his unveiling with City's hierarchy under no financial pressure to offload their key men with the likes of John Ruddy and Robert Snodgrass touted with summer exits.
Norwich are as short as 3/1 with William Hill to gain promotion behind Cardiff (9/4), with last season's play-off hopefuls Wigan (11/4) and Derby (10/3) also expected to be strong contenders.
City finished Championship runners-up in 2011 but are quoted at 10/1 to go one better and emulate Leicester's recent title triumph.
You may also want to watch:
East Anglian rivals Ipswich are 20/1 to win the division, with Mick McCarthy targeting a top-six place after finishing ninth last season. City head to Portman Road on August 23 after opening their campaign at newly-promoted Wolves in a live televised encounter on Sunday, August 10. Kenny Jackett's side are slender favourites to get off to a winning start in front of their own fans with the League One champions priced 8/5. City are 17/10 and the draw is available at 12/5.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 5 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 6 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 7 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 8 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'