‘Teemu is a good fit to our ideas’ – Canaries announce signing of Finland striker Pukki
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Norwich City have announced the signing of Finland international striker Teemu Pukki on a free transfer.
The 28-year-old has signed a three-year deal after leaving Danish side Brondby and will become the third permanent signing of the summer for the Canaries following Argentine attacker Emi Buendia and German midfielder Moritz Leitner.
Head coach Daniel Farke, speaking to City's website, said: 'I'm very pleased with this signing. We got the feeling that Teemu is a good fit to our ideas because he is a technical player with really smart movements.
'We were speaking about how we need to make more runs in-behind and runs from deep and he's a player who has the smart movements.
'He also has lots of speed which is also important. Wherever he plays, he was always able to be there with goals and assists.
You may also want to watch:
'He's a brilliant character as well so we are very pleased to have him with us.'
Pukki scored 17 goals in 36 league games last season as Brondby finished runners-up in the Danish Super League and he scored a total of 72 in 164 matches across his four seasons in Denmark.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 3 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 6 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 7 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 8 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 9 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
- 10 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
Previously the forward spent time at Celtic and Schalke, while on the international stage he has managed 12 goals in 62 appearances.
The forward had also been linked with Championship rivals Reading in recent days but has instead bolstered Farke's attacking options, which currently consist of Nelson Oliveira and January signing Dennis Srbeny.
The Canaries are also believed to be close to completing the signing of Wolves winger Ben Marshall, who impressed in the Championship last season while on loan at Millwall.