Norwich City announce record first deadline season ticket sales
A record number of Norwich City fans have signed up for season tickets at the first deadline for the 2011-12 campaign.
At Saturday's first deadline, more than 20,500 supporters had purchased season tickets in all areas of Carrow Road for next year - 2,000 up on last year's previous first deadline record of 18,533.
This season's first deadline total is higher than the 19,250 who bought season tickets to watch the Canaries in the Premier League in 2004-05.
Chief executive David McNally commented: 'These figures are once again testament to the brilliant supporters we are privileged to have at Norwich City.
'We had to make some big decisions when we reviewed our season ticket strategy for the 2011-12 campaign.
'The response from our supporters has been superb. Our pledge to them is that every spare penny generated by season ticket sales everywhere in the ground goes straight into Paul Lambert's playing budget.'
City boss Paul Lambert commented: 'As I've said before the fans are huge to the football club. What they've done in supporting us both home and away has been fantastic during what has happened in the 18 months here.
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 3 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 4 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 5 Norfolk couple: 'We’ve lost £30k in cryptocurrency scam'
- 6 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 7 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 8 Boat users given fines over £16k for breaking rules on Norfolk Broads
- 9 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 10 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
'To sell over 20,000 season tickets already just underlines their superb support and commitment to the football club.'
The current total of season ticket holders for this 2010-11 campaign is 21,063 - the highest-ever total in the Club's 109-year history.
City's home game against Preston North End on Saturday attracted 25,572 to Carrow Road, and included the biggest sale to supporters in home areas since the stadium became all-seater in 1992.
The second deadline for season ticket renewals is Saturday, April 9.
• FINAL SEASON TICKET FIGURES SINCE 1994-95
2009-10: 19,671 (League One)
2004-05: 19,250 (Premier League)
1994-95: 8,800 (Premier League)