Norwich City announce partnership with Group Lotus
Norwich City have announced a new partnership with engineering, racing and performance car giants Group Lotus.
The five-year deal sees the Hethel-based company backing the club with a significant seven-figure investment marked with a launch at Carrow Road today.
Former FIA Formula One World Champion Nigel Mansell performed a series of wheel-spinning stunts in the Evora GT4 watched by Canaries boss Paul Lambert, skipper Grant Holt and other first team players.
Currently partnering the Lotus-Renault GP F1 team, Lotus also brought some of their legendary Grand Prix cars to Carrow Road as well as some of their road cars.
Norwich City chief executive David McNally said: 'This is a great and dynamic partnership with another Norfolk sporting giant which everyone at Norwich City is really excited about.
'It's a significant deal financially and a welcome commitment to the club from a globally-renowned brand which also has a proud Norfolk heritage and strong local links.
'We're really looking forward to working together with Lotus in the seasons ahead.'
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 6 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 9 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
- 10 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
Group Lotus chief executive officer Dany Bahar said: 'No one can deny the global appeal of football and this partnership with our local heroes Norwich City Football Club will provide us with a new platform to talk to future Lotus fans.
'The relationship makes sense on so many levels and we are very proud to be associated with a team who share our values of passion, performance and dedicated hard work.'