Norwich City aim to storm the Palace with Alex Neil leading the charge
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Alex Neil will send Norwich City out with all guns blazing to drag Crystal Palace firmly into the Premier League relegation mix.
The Canaries can move level on points with the struggling Eagles if they seal a third consecutive league win this weekend at Selhurst Park.
'We have to be aware that other teams have a game in hand but we have an opportunity,' he said. 'Palace is three points ahead of us so we need to go and attack them at their place.
'All we have done is give ourselves a chance now because if we had lost the Newcastle game then it was going to be really tough for us. You can talk about momentum, and we might have it now, but three weeks ago people were not saying that to me so it just shows how quickly it can swing around in football. Myself and the team are fully aware of that, which is why if we don't perform or don't win at Crystal Palace then the same questions will be getting asked again. We have to make sure we go there and take something from it because Sunderland in the following game will be even bigger again. There is a huge amount of work to be done.'
Norwich have underlined their fighting spirit in recent weeks, but Neil insists he did not expect to be embroiled in a survival battle at this late stage of the campaign.
'No, I wouldn't have taken where we are now at the start of the season,' he said. 'I still feel there are plenty of games to this point we should and could have taken more points. The biggest thing I have learned is that in the Premier League each game can be completely different. You can go to Manchester City to then playing West Brom and it really is polar opposites and then it is about adapting quickly for each game.
'It has been a great year for me in terms of learning and now we have to finish the job.'
- 1 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 2 Man in 20s killed and another seriously injured in motorbike crash
- 3 Parish council weighs in on row over 'rollercoaster' racking
- 4 House boarded up after fight in Norfolk village
- 5 YouTube professional eater smashes 100oz steak challenge at Norfolk pub
- 6 Heatwave leaves dried-up pond like 'scene from sci-fi movie'
- 7 Norfolk spot named among UK's best waterside pubs
- 8 'Carnage' as fight involving axes breaks out after van crashes into house
- 9 Protests outside drag queen story event sees police called in
- 10 Fighter jet heard roaring over Norwich in night time training exercise