Norwich City 3 Ipswich Town 1 (4-2 on aggregate)
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's 3-1 victory over Ipswich Town at Carrow Road secured them a trip to Wembley for the Championship play-off final.
A tense, goalless, first half came to dramatic life after the break when Ipswich defender Christophe Berra handled Norwich City winger Nathan Redmond's goal-bound shot.
Berra was sent off and Wes Hoolahan calmly slotted home the resulting penalty to give the Canaries the lead.
However, 10-men Ipswich Town shocked the Carrow Road crowd when they equalised just 10 minutes later, through defender Tommy Smith.
But the ground erupted just four minutes later, when Redmond fired the Canaries back into front. And striker Cameron Jerome sealed the win in the 76th minute.
You may also want to watch:
It meant the Canaries triumphed 4-2 on aggregate and they will now face Middlesbrough in London on Monday, May 25 for the chance to rapidly return to the Premier League, after their relegation last year.
It will be Norwich City's first trip to Wembley since the Canaries lifted the Milk Cup in 1985, when they beat Ipswich Town en route.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 4 Tzolis poised to complete Canaries switch
- 5 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 6 City closing in on Werder Bremen striker
- 7 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 8 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 9 Jailed in July: Drug dealing, knife crime and manslaughter
- 10 Man in 30s dies after crash on A12