Norwich City 2, Wigan Athletic 1 - What the nationals said
The national newspapers' views on Norwich City's 2-1 win over Wigan Athletic.
Sunday Mirror: 'Now it is nosebleed time again – for the right reasons. Just don't mention that to Hughton. His focus is on the Premier League, not the Europa League.'
The Mail on Sunday: 'Norwich won thanks to the creative talents of Wes Hoolahan and Anthony Pilkington, who both scored. Hoolahan looked a class apart with his composure.'
The Observer: 'Norwich's remamrkable run has lifted them to seventh. Hughton, though, maintained it was all about keeping a safe distance from the relegation places.'
- 1 Massive care village and research park planned for edge of Norwich
- 2 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp in popular park
- 3 Mods and rockers taking over Norfolk town for classic bike and scooter meet
- 4 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 5 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
- 6 New tenant bid for former Argos store on retail park
- 7 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 8 Dash cams help police prosecute 400 drivers in a year
- 9 Warning to pet owners after chocolate dumped in seaside village
- 10 Why is Norfolk not introducing a hosepipe ban?
The Independent: 'How is it that Wes Hoolahan, at the age of 30, still has only two Republic of Ireland caps to his name? That was the obvious and baffling question.'
The Sunday Telegraph: 'Hoolahan's improved deal, which runs until 2015, was announced just moments before kick-off with the 30-year-old turning in a masterful display.'