Teenage left-back Lewis impresses again for Norwich after thorough test during win over Millwall
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Our latest Norwich City player watch followed the fortunes of emerging left-back Jamal Lewis during the Canaries' 2-1 home win over Millwall, here's how his afternoon unfolded...
1 – Has to battle with Fred Onyedinma and concede a corner after a wayward Timm Klose header.
2 – Good tackle on Onyedinma draws big cheers from the crowd on his first Carrow Road start, to start a counter-attack, charges forward and forces Mahlon Romeo to concede a throw deep in Millwall territory.
5 – Sticks with Onyedinma, disrupts with one tackle and then slides in to put the ball out for a corner.
13 – Found on the left wing by Pritchard but Romeo blocks cross.
You may also want to watch:
23 – Tom Trybull helps out the youngster with Romeo and Onyedinma charging at him, Lewis puts a foot in to end the danger.
27 – Jake Cooper angles a ball forward and Steve Morison beats the 19-year-old in the air easily on the edge of the City box but it comes to nothing.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 5 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 7 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 8 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 9 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 10 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
31 – Beaten in the air again by Morison but shows good strength to help Klose get the ball clear. Tackles Onyedinma soon after to help out Trybull, getting another cheer for being willing to put his foot in.
42 – Saville sends a deep cross in from the left, just gets enough of a touch on the ball to scramble the danger away under pressure from Onyedinma.
49 – Good strength and turn to fend of Onyedinma and just keeps the ball from going out for a throw.
55 – Good strength to hold off Onyedinma and win goal-kick but wins free-kick anyway, getting a big cheer from the Barclay.
65 – Clears down the line to Murphy, who is barged away by Romeo but Trybull again protects his left-back.
67 – Isolated by Morison again and gets away with a shirt-pull, to the striker's annoyance. Clearance is intercepted but comes to nothing.
73 – Let's Klose challenge Morison in the air and then steps in with a tackle to dispossess, before also tackling substitute Wallace.
88 – Gets up well to win a header above Morison.
90 – Big cheers as Lewis uses a bit of skill to get away from O'Brien and Romeo.
Verdict: Another very encouraging shift from the young man, already proving popular due to his willingness to make tackles, battle and try to get forward.
Rating: 7 out of 10