30 of the best images from Norwich City’s 2-1 win over Millwall
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
After getting 2018 off to a fine start with victory over Millwall, here are some of the best images of Norwich City's latest Carrow Road victory.
Second-half goals from Tom Trybull and James Maddison cancelled out former City striker Steve Morison's spectacular strike late in the first half.
The win added to four points from two away games, winning 2-0 at Birmingham on Boxing Day, before a drab 0-0 draw against battling Burton on Saturday.
Seven points from a possible nine eases the pressure on head coach Daniel Farke significantly, having lost 1-0 at Leeds and 2-1 at home to Brentford ahead of Christmas.
Although the Canaries stayed in 13th place, they cut the gap to the play-off places to nine points and increased their cushion to the relegation zone to 10 points.
Saturday brings Premier League giants Chelsea to Carrow Road in the FA Cup third round, with a return to league action at high-flying Bristol City to follow on Saturday, January 13.
• Take a look back at some of the best images from our man Paul Chesterton, of Focus Images, below
- 1 Mysterious 'large black animal' spotted roaming in fields near city
- 2 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 3 Rare sighting of Northern Lights captured above Norfolk
- 4 City pub to reopen with new owners hoping to bring back 'good old days'
- 5 Farmers call for Norfolk hosepipe ban
- 6 Why is Norfolk not introducing a hosepipe ban?
- 7 Firefighters battling forest blaze near Sandringham
- 8 New planning bid to re-use long-empty pub
- 9 Two women in hospital with serious injuries after A47 slip road crash
- 10 Organisers of Norfolk festival 'gutted' after cancelling due to fire risk