30 of the best images from Norwich City’s 2-1 win over Millwall
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
After getting 2018 off to a fine start with victory over Millwall, here are some of the best images of Norwich City's latest Carrow Road victory.
Second-half goals from Tom Trybull and James Maddison cancelled out former City striker Steve Morison's spectacular strike late in the first half.
The win added to four points from two away games, winning 2-0 at Birmingham on Boxing Day, before a drab 0-0 draw against battling Burton on Saturday.
Seven points from a possible nine eases the pressure on head coach Daniel Farke significantly, having lost 1-0 at Leeds and 2-1 at home to Brentford ahead of Christmas.
Although the Canaries stayed in 13th place, they cut the gap to the play-off places to nine points and increased their cushion to the relegation zone to 10 points.
You may also want to watch:
Saturday brings Premier League giants Chelsea to Carrow Road in the FA Cup third round, with a return to league action at high-flying Bristol City to follow on Saturday, January 13.
• Take a look back at some of the best images from our man Paul Chesterton, of Focus Images, below
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 Family's tribute to much loved motorcyclist, 21, involved in A10 crash