‘We are unbelievably lucky to watch Maddison & Pritchard play together’ – City fans enjoy New Year’s Day victory over Millwall
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
After watching a winning goal which oozed class, Norwich City fans are enjoying some New Year's Day positivity after seeing their team pick up seven points from three games.
Alex Pritchard created the key moment in the 77th minute, with a delightful through-ball which allowed James Maddison to fire home his seventh goal of the season.
Former City striker Steve Morison had thumped the visitors ahead late in the first half with an excellent strike from 30 yards, before Tom Trybull headed an equaliser for Norwich in the 52nd minute.
Maddison's strike wrapped up seven points from a possible nine within in seven days, to edge Daniel Farke's side into a more comfortable mid-table position, still 13th but cutting the gap to the play-offs to eight points.
Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Murder victim is named as accused under armed guard in hospital
- 2 Four fish and chip shops listed among the best in the country
- 3 Father stabbed to death 'after argument about motorbike noise'
- 4 Man dies after 'industrial incident' at farm
- 5 Man killed and three wounded in multiple stabbing
- 6 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 7 Man airlifted to hospital with serious injuries after falling from cliff
- 8 Mental health hospital owed £2m to staff and creditors when it shut
- 9 Fashion chain's £50,000 debt written off
- 10 'I ran for my life' - Neighbour who saw fatal row tells of terror