‘We are unbelievably lucky to watch Maddison & Pritchard play together’ – City fans enjoy New Year’s Day victory over Millwall
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
After watching a winning goal which oozed class, Norwich City fans are enjoying some New Year's Day positivity after seeing their team pick up seven points from three games.
Alex Pritchard created the key moment in the 77th minute, with a delightful through-ball which allowed James Maddison to fire home his seventh goal of the season.
Former City striker Steve Morison had thumped the visitors ahead late in the first half with an excellent strike from 30 yards, before Tom Trybull headed an equaliser for Norwich in the 52nd minute.
Maddison's strike wrapped up seven points from a possible nine within in seven days, to edge Daniel Farke's side into a more comfortable mid-table position, still 13th but cutting the gap to the play-offs to eight points.
Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 City confirm midfielder exit
- 8 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath