‘Haven’t felt such a buzz around Carrow Road for a while’ – City fans thrilled by victory over Villa
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Something's stirring at Carrow Road, Canaries fans.
Daniel Farke's in-form side came from behind for the second time in four days to earn a superb Championship win over highly-rated opposition, beating Aston Villa 2-1 thanks to two goals from striker Jordan Rhodes.
A sixth win in eight league games, building on Saturday's win at Nottingham Forest by the same score-line, moved City up to fourth and within two points of leaders Middlesbrough.
The visitors claimed the lead in the 19th minute when James Chester headed a corner goalwards, with Tom Trybull getting the unfortunate final touch.
But the Canaries were level 10 minutes into the second half as Rhodes rose high to head home an Emi Buendia corner and really crank up the atmosphere.
You may also want to watch:
The Sheffield Wednesday loanee wasn't done there though, showing his goal-scoring instinct to prod home a fine Marco Stiepermann cross in the 73rd minute at the near post, scoring his fourth league goal of the campaign and seventh overall.
The Canaries are back in Carrow Road action on Saturday when they take on mid-table Brentford, who are away to lowly Preston on Wednesday evening.
- 1 People queue at Norwich Primark an hour before 7am reopening
- 2 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 3 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 4 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 5 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 6 Streets of Norwich packed as lockdown rules ease
- 7 Lanes closed after lorry hits A47 central reservation
- 8 Eight pints pulled in first three minutes as pub's 'happy hour' returns
- 9 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 10 Boss says sorry for fake worker's 'vile' comments about Prince Philip
• See some of the best of the reaction above and below