Norwich City legend set for Championship return - reports
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City legend Wes Hoolahan is a target for Wigan Athletic, according to reports in Ireland.
Hoolahan left Carrow Road after a decade with the Canaries and is now a free agent.
The 36-year old is said to be weighing up his options ahead of the new season, but Wigan boss Paul Cook is reported to be interested, according to the Irish Sun.
They claim a return to the League of Ireland is not an option for the former Republic of Ireland international and that Hoolahan is likely to extend his playing career in the UK.
Cook, a former manager of Sligo Rovers, is an admirer of a player he believes can add Championship quality to his side, promoted from League One last season.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 10 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region